Historic Naval Ships Association Conference
Independence Seaport Museum and the Battleship New Jersey Museum and Memorial will co-host the Historic Naval Ships Association (HNSA) 2013 Conference September 18 - 20. The annual conference attracts historic ship museum professionals and enthusiasts from around the world. Conference program topics include the Philadelphia Naval Shipyard, Emergency Preparedness, STEM Education and case studies of historic ships. Attendees will also have the opportunity to tour the Battleship New Jersey, the Spanish-American war era Cruiser Olympia and the WWII Submarine Becuna, as well as a special tour of the Philadelphia Navy Yard.
Conference registration is open to Historic Navy Ships Association members and the general public. Discounted registration is available until August 19.
2013 HNSA Conference Sessions include*:
- Welcoming the Chinese as Tourists in the 21st Century: Be Ready!
- Internal Security: How to Protect Your Museum From Employee Theft
- The Exhibit Process: Exhibit Development, From Ideas to Installation
- Should the 50-Year Rule Apply to Historic Ships?
- A STEM Teacher Fellowship Program
- New York's Historic Fleet in Hurricane Sandy
- Raising Missouri, The Loss and Salvage of the First USS Missouri
- How to Tow a Battleship Backwards and Sideways
- and many more!
*Schedule subject to change
Download and print registration form and mail form to:
Battleship New Jersey
62 Battleship Place
Camden, NJ 08103
Credit card payments may also be faxed to Lakesha Hill at (856) 583-0114.
For questions or concerns, contact Lakesha Hill at (856) 966-1652 ext. 226 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
A special rate has been arranged at the Holiday Inn Express for September 16 - 20 for $105 + 15 percent tax. This includes a complimentary continental breakfast. Reservations must be made before September 16 to receive the special rate. The Holiday Inn Express is located at:
100 North Christopher Columbus Blvd.
Philadelphia, PA 19106
Hotel Front Desk: 1 (215) 627-7900
Hotel Fax: 1 (215) 238-0809